Help the Mount Airy Police Department by Preventing Crimes before they happen!
Tips to keep your children safe!
Unfortunately, no neighborhood is completely immune to crime. However, there are steps you can take to help keep your family and neighborhood safe.
- Know where your children are. Have them ask permission before leaving the house.
- Help them learn important phone numbers. Have them practice reciting your phone number and address.
- Set limits on where your children can go in your neighborhood.
- Get to know your children’s friends. Meet their parents before you let your children go to their home. Get and keep their phone numbers.
- Teach children to settle arguments with words, not fists. Role play talking out problems.
- Get to know your neighbors and their children so you can look out for one another.