Corona Virus (COVID 19)
The Corona Virus is now present in Maryland and Governor Hogan has declared a State of Emergency with the caveat to not panic. This declaration allows the Governor certain authority to direct funding to address the matter as well as granting other emergency authority. Initially, this State of Emergency is in effect for 30 days. These powers are enumerated under Article 14-107 in the Maryland Annotated Code.
The Town of Mount Airy will be monitoring this issue and remain in a state of readiness to respond as needed. The Town is committed to ensuring that reasonable and appropriate precautions will be taken to ensure the safety of our residents. The Town will monitor and implement State and County health official’s directives as they are developed. Furthermore, the Town will consider and implement, if necessary, its own directives specific to the needs of our residents.
What you can do to protect yourself?
- Wash your hands with soap and water, working soap into hands continuously, for at least 20-30 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose & mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact (4-6 feet) with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- STAY HOME when you are sick.
- Avoid shaking hands. Keep a personal hand sanitizer with you.
What can we do to keep our work environments healthy?
- Disinfect high touch points like door handles, elevator buttons, handrails and restroom fixtures using a hospital grade disinfectant.
- Avoid cross contamination surfaces and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Have available the necessary chemical materials to maintain a healthy indoor environment.
For the most up to date information, go the websites noted below: