Small Business Operating Assistance Grant Program
The Town of Mount Airy is excited to announce we have accepted applications for the Small Business Operating Assistance Micro-Grant Program. This is a program to assist businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and affiliated State Executive Orders. Awards will be made by Monday, June 22, 2020 and checks will be processed immediately.
- $30,000 in Town funds to award to individual businesses.
- One-time grant award of $1,000 with no repayment due.
- Limited to one award per business entity
- Eligible grant uses must be operating expenses (i.e. payroll, inventory, rent, utilities, mortgage)
Criteria for Eligible Businesses:
- Must be a registered business entity in good standing with the State of Maryland
- Have physical establishment within the Town of Mount Airy
- Have no more than 15 full time employees
- Engaged in activities currently regulated or impacted by the COVID-19 Maryland’s State of Emergency and have a license/permit associated to that regulation
- Have no pre-existing tax liens or legal judgements
- Businesses who have received no other COVID-19 relief program funding, or very little will rank higher in eligibility.
- Demonstrate a loss of business revenue of 50% or more related to COVID-19
- Demonstrate financial need based off of balance sheet
- The following entities are NOT eligible:
- Home-based businesses or multi-level marketing
- Non-profit organizations
- Banks & financial institutions
- Investment real-estate entities
- Food trucks
- Government agencies
- Revenue reports from April 2019, April 2020
- Balance Sheet reports from December 2019 and Current Date
- Copy of current Business License
- W-9 Form - Blank form available at https://www.mountairymd.org/286/Incentives
- Proof of “Good Standing” from the State of Maryland
(Click this link to take you to the site. You do not have to purchase a letter of good standing) Go to: h ttps://egov.maryland.gov/businessexpress
This will take you to a screen that will ask you for the name of the business. This will take you to a screen where your name is displayed. Click the business name and this will take you to a screen that will show if you are in good standing. You can do a print screen to validate your standing for the applications. You do not have to purchase a copy for this application. If you have not used this site in the past it may ask you to create a login.
Application and Review:
- Online applications will begin on Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.
- Application must be submitted online.
- The application will be closed on Friday, June 12, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Applications will be reviewed by Town Staff and the Micro-Grant Committee.
- Applications will be awarded using a scoring system to determine the most in need.
- Review will be based on the criteria stated above and supporting documentation.
Notification of Approval:
- Applicants will be notified by Monday, June 22, 2020 and checks will be processed immediately.
- Grant Agreement Form completed.
- Awarded applicants will receive a check in the mail.
Contact the Town of Mount Airy at 301-829-1424 and press 0 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The Economic Development Commission forwarded a positive Program recommendation, which Councilwoman Pamela Reed took to the Town Council earlier this month. The Town Council approved total funding of $13,770, in leftover Economic Development Funds. One-time grant awards of $1,000 will be granted to business entities with no repayment due. Criteria for eligible businesses must be met with supporting documentation presented. A scoring system will be used to disperse the funding to those in the most need. We may verify information. Any misleading or untrue statements could be grounds for disqualification. On June 1, 2020, the Mount Airy Town Council approved an additional $16,230 in program funds, bringing the total program to $30,000.
This same online form will be used for other future grants or loans that may become available and are currently under review by the Town of Mount Airy.